CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

To all my Uglies fans.


I found this out a couple months ago from my awesome friend Becca[you dazzle me].
Whom, by the way, I'm giving all the credit to in finding this.

There is actually going to be another Uglies book.
Its called Extras (as you can see in the pic above).
I'm excited for it because I thought that Uglies was a trilogy, and for those of you who have read all of them should know that with the end of Specials, it really did make it sound like the end.
Well, Extras isn't about Tally.
Its about another person entirely. Which makes me sad because I love Tally and her peoples.
Here's a little Barnes & Noble thinger on it.

It's a few years after rebel Tally Youngblood took down the uglies/pretties/specials regime. Without those strict roles and rules, the world is in a complete cultural renaissance. "Tech-heads" flaunt their latest gadgets, "kickers" spread gossip and trends, and "surge monkeys" are hooked on extreme plastic surgery. And it's all monitored on a bazillion different cameras. The world is like a gigantic game of American Idol. Whoever is getting the most buzz gets the most votes. Popularity rules.
As if being fifteen doesn't suck enough, Aya Fuse's rank of 451,369 is so low, she's a total nobody. An extra. But Aya doesn't care; she just wants to lie low with her drone, Moggle. And maybe kick a good story for herself.
Then Aya meets a clique of girls who pull crazy tricks, yet are deeply secretive of it. Aya wants desperately to kick their story, to show everyone how intensely cool the Sly Girls are. But doing so would propel her out of extra-land and into the world of fame, celebrity...and extreme danger. A world she's not prepared for.

XxInk

23 Ways that we express ourselves to the world:

turnabout said...

i haven't read the uglies yet but they sound like good books! me thinks it's time to read them!

<3 kat

Ink said...

I think you should read them!
They're VERY GOOD!!!!!

XxInk

turnabout said...

if you think they're good they probably are so i'll try to buy the first one when we go to the book store (we go like once i week thanks to me :P)

<3 kat

becca[you dazzle me] said...

: ( i thought it was going to be about tally, that isn't fair... and i know i am quite amazing! what can i say... lol jk but that is saddening but i am still going to get it and read it...

Ink said...

Kat, good! They're GREAT! Tell me what cha' think of them okay?

XxInk

Ink said...

Becca, I'm sad about it too! I really wanted her to come back in this one!

And yes you are very amazing!!!
: D
What were you doing when you found this anyways?

I'm going to read it too.
As a fans we both have too.

XxInk

Anonymous said...

yyyyaaaa...more books!!! :)






-MRR

Courtney said...

u didn't know that? Scott Westerfeld posts about it all the time on his blog! http://www.scottwesterfeld.com/blog

Courtney said...

huh... i never really knew what Extras was about, though...

becca[you dazzle me] said...

btw you are pretty cool yourself. jk you know that you ROCK like no other!!!

becca[you dazzle me] said...

just looking around on amazon and i clicked on uglies for some reason and saw they were making another one but yeah i know about reading it

Ink said...

MRR, I know! YAY!!

XxInk

Ink said...

Court, nope.
I had no idea until Becca told me.
I don't really read those writer sites at all.
: D

XxInk

Ink said...

You ROCK TO BECCA!!!

Oh! That's how you found it... I was wondering.
: D

XxInk

Rose :Raven: said...

hey ink im raven kats friend i like your style kinda like mine

Ink said...

Awesome! THANK YOU!!

Thanks for the comment also!
XD

XxInk

Ink said...

BTW, I LOVE your avatar!
: D

XxInk

becca[you dazzle me] said...

yeah nothing too special hehehe

Ink said...

Naw, you just found a forth book in a trilogy that's all.
; D

XxInk

becca[you dazzle me] said...

i try, lol : D

Ink said...

You succeed.
XD

XxInk

wings said...

ink

i've never read or heard about the Uglies
but it sounds great!!
will try getting them!

Ink said...

You should! Its a GREAT trilogy!!!!
I think you'd like them!!

XxInk